Thursday, April 21, 2016

安魂曲:Sing Me to Heaven

詩班打算在母親節那天唱下面這首詩。在網上找到了,原來是一首常常用來唱給臨終病人的詩歌,或是在葬禮中唱。我們這一代人,不少人母親已經過世,很多母親病痛多多,心情能夠用詩歌纏裹是很美的事。讓我們唱一支安魂曲。



In my heart's sequestered chambers lie truths stripped of poet's gloss.
在我寂靜的心房裡,躺著剝光了詩人修飾的實際。
Words alone are vain and vacant and my heart is mute.
話語都成為空虛無用,我心緘默。

In response to aching silence memory summons half-heard voices
回應痛苦的沉默,記憶召喚出隱約的聲音。
and my soul finds primal eloquence and (x2) wraps me in song.
我的心靈找到原始的表達,用歌包裹我,用歌包裹我。

If you would comfort me; sing me a lullaby.
你若想要安慰我,給我唱一首搖籃曲。
If you would win my heart; sing me a love song.
你若想要贏得我心,給我唱一曲愛情歌。
If you would mourn me and bring me to God,
(x2) sing me a requiem, sing me to heaven.
你若想要哀悼我,帶我到神面前,
給我唱一支安魂曲,給我唱一支安魂曲,送我到天堂。

Touch in me all love and passion, pain and pleasure.
用所有的慈愛和情意、悲歡往事觸摸我,
Touch in me (touch in me) grief and comfort,
love and passion, pain and pleasure.
用悲傷和安慰、慈愛和情意、悲歡往事觸摸我,觸摸我。

Sing me a lullaby, a love song, a requiem.
給我唱一首搖籃曲、一曲愛情歌、一支安魂曲。
Love me, comfort me, bring me to God.
愛我,安慰我,帶我到上帝那裡去。

Sing me a love song, sing me to heaven.
給我唱一曲愛情歌,送我到天堂。

我記得聽母親說過,她的祖母在96高齡即將過世的時候,就要求圍在床邊的兒孫們唱聖詩,而她就在詩歌聲中壽終正寢。我一直想像不出那個情形,與我們平常的華人文化反差好大,但所有的人都稱她為有福。今天唱的這首歌讓我想起母親...願人們都在離開這個世界的時候有平安!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing... Lovely song, and touching sharing!!

    ReplyDelete