民間歌手Dolly Parton以創作和演唱鄉村音樂而聞名。2026年8月21日因病逝世,享年80歲。這裡是她1983年演唱「Coat of Many Colors」,有人把它再次貼出來,為的是紀念她。歌中唱到自己幼年時家中的貧寒--媽媽把碎布拼湊縫合起來,用愛心給她製作了一件彩色外套,也講聖經中約瑟的彩衣。她為此遭到同學們的嘲笑,卻珍惜和自豪...
Back through the years I go wondering once again,
back to the seasons of my youth.
And I recall the box of rags that someone gave us,
and how my mama put the rags to use.
There were rags of many colors, but every piece was small.
I didn't have a coat and it was way down in the fall.
Mama sewed the rags together, sewing every piece with love.
She made my coat of many colors that I was so proud of.
By mama's soul she told a story from the Bible she had read,
about a coat of many colors Joseph wore. And then she said
"I hope this coat will bring you good luck and happiness."
And I just couldn't wait to wear it. And mama blessed it with the kiss.
My coat of many colors that my mama made for me, made only from rags,
but I wore it so proudly. Although we had no money, I was rich as I could be.
And my coat of many colors mama made for me.
So with patches on my britches, holes in both my shoes,
in my coat of many colors. Well, I hurried off to school.
just to find the others laughing and making fun of me
and my coat of many colors mama made to me.
And oh, I couldn't understand that cuz I felt I was rich.
And then I told him of the love my mama sew in every stitch.
I even told them all that story mama told me while she sew.
and why my coat of many colors was worth more than all their clothes.
They didn't understand it. And I tried to make them see,
one is only poor only if they choose to be. Oh yeah, it's true.
We had no money, but I was rich as I could be,
in my coat of many colors mom made for me, made to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment