Monday, June 27, 2011

Ron Clark 的55條小學生守則在中國

美國教師 Ron Clark 的 Essential 55 Rules已经翻譯成中文,不過作了改動:學生守則變成了55條老師總結出來的教學心得!中國人向所有作父母的推薦這本書說,優秀是教育出來的,你按照這55條來教你的孩子,他/她就成爲優秀。呵呵,借用西方文明,推行道地的孔子思想。請看:
  1. Respond to an adult when spoken to. 與大人應對,要有禮貌、有分寸。
  2. Make eye contact when spoken to. 與人互動,眼睛要看著對方的眼睛。
  3. Congratulate classmates. 別人有好的表現,要替他高興。
  4. Respect other students’ comments, opinions, and ideas.尊重別人的發言與想法。
  5. If you win, do not brag, if you lose, do not show anger. 自己有什麽好表現不要炫耀,輸給別人也不要生氣。
  6. If you are asked a question in conversation, ask a question in return. 如果別人問你問題,你也要囘問他問題。
  7. Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough and say excuse me. 打噴嚏、咳嗽都要說對不起。
  8. Do not show disrespect with gestures. 不可以有不禮貌的小動作。
  9. Always say thank you when given something. 別人送你任何東西都要說謝謝。
  10. When you receive something, do not insult the gift or the giver. 接受獎品和禮物,不可以嫌棄。
  11. Surprise others by performing random acts of kindness. 用小小的貼心,爲別人製造驚喜。
  12. When grading other students’ papers, give only the correct grade. 改同學考卷時不要給錯誤的分數。
  13. Follow along when we read together in class.全班一起念課文時要跟著一起念。
  14. Answer all written questions with a complete sentence. 以完整句子回答所有的問題。
  15. Do not ask for a reward. 不要主動討獎品。
  16. You must complete your homework every day. 每天都要做完作業。
  17. Subject transitions and moving to different classrooms will be swift, quiet, and orderly. 下課換科目教室的時候,動作要快,要安靜,要守秩序。
  18. Be as organized as possible. 作什麽事都要有條理。
  19. When homework is assigned, do not moan or complain. 老師在指定作業的時候,不要叫苦。
  20. When a substitute teacher present, all class rules still apply. 別的老師來代課,仍要遵守所有的班規。
  21. Follow the specific classroom protocols. 課堂上發言或起身,應該講規矩。
  22. You may bring a bottle of water to class; you may not leave for a drink of water during class. 不可以上課上一半,起身去倒水喝。
  23. Know other teachers’ names and greet them in the hall by name. 見到每個老師,都要說某某老師好。
  24. Keep yourself and the bathroom clean and germ-free. 注意個人衛生和廁所的衛生。
  25. Greet visitors and make them feel welcome. 讓客人有賓至如歸的感覺。
  26. Do not save seats in the lunchroom. 不要在飯廳幫同學佔位子。
  27. Do not stare at a student who is being reprimanded. 同學受罰時不要盯著他看。
  28. Call me if you have a question about homework and leave a message –once. 對作業有問題,可以打電話來我家,留言。但只要留一次就夠了。
  29. The ABC’s of etiquette. 遵守用餐的基本禮節。
  30. After dining in the cafeteria or elsewhere, be responsible for your trash. 吃完飯,自己的垃圾自己處理。
  31. In a hotel room, leave a tip for the hotel workers who clean your room. 接受別人的服務要惜福、感恩。
  32. On a bus, always face forward. 坐校車或公車要坐好。不要打擾到司機,下車時記得說謝謝。
  33. When meeting new people shake hands and repeat their names. 認識新朋友,要記住對方的名字,道別時記得稱呼對方。
  34. When offered food, take only your fair share. 吃自助餐或有人請客時取菜不要貪多。
  35. If someone drops something and you are close to it, pick it up. 別人掉東西到你跟前,請幫他撿起來。
  36. Hold the door for people rather than letting it close on them. 進門時,如果後面還有人,請幫他扶住門,免得門在他面前関掉。
  37. If someone bumps into you, say excuse me, even if it was not your fault. 別人踫撞到你,不管你有沒有錯,都要說對不起。
  38. On a field trip, enter a public building quietly. 參加校外教學時,無論進入哪一個公共樓房,都要安安靜靜。
  39. On a field trip, compliment the place you are visiting. 去參觀別人的地方要多多誇獎。
  40. During an assembly, do not speak or call out to friends. 全校師生開會的時候,不要講話或呼叫你的朋友。
  41. At home, answer your phone in a polite and appropriate manner. 接電話時應答要有禮貌。
  42. When returning from a trip, shake the hands of every chaperone. 一趟校外教學結束,要一一感謝所有隨行的老師和家長。
  43. Keep right in the hallways when walking. 乘電扶梯時要站右邊,讓趕時間的人可以從左邊先行。
  44. When walking in line, Keep your arms at your sides and move quietly. 列隊行進時不要說話。
  45. Never cut in line.不要插隊,看到別人插隊時不要大呼小叫,讓老師知道就好。
  46. No talking during movie or distance learning.看電影時不要説話或干擾到別人。
  47. Do not bring Doritos into the school building. 不可以帶零食進入學校樓房。
  48. If anyone is bullying you, let me know.有誰欺負你,讓老師知道,不要自己處理。
  49. Stand up for what you believe. 捍衛自己的理想,不因別人否定而退縮。
  50. Be positive and enjoy life. 要積極樂觀地去享受人生。
  51. Live so that you will never have regrets. 別讓將來有遺憾,想做什麽就盡力去做。
  52. Learn from your mistakes and move on. 從錯誤中學習,並繼續向前邁進。
  53. No matter the circumstances, always be honest. 不管什麽情況,一定要誠實,做錯了就坦白承認。
  54. Carpe Diem. 把握今天,不要浪費它。
  55. Be the best person you can be. 在你的能力範圍内,作最棒、最棒的人。
原來的翻譯有的地方我改了,好更符合英文原意或語句通順一點。有的不是我改的,比如第31條本來是住了旅館要留小費給服務生,西方的禮貌不合中國國情,譯者把它改爲接受別人服務要惜福感恩,滿得體的。又比如第43條,中國的教室走廊裏要求孩子們靠左、靠右行大概太不實際,譯者把它改為乘電扶梯的注意事項。

對西方文明國家的小學生爲什麽你可以用這套守則來要求他呢?因爲他們來上學時已經有尊重人和受尊重的觀念。人人受造平等在家裏是個能體會到的事實,而不僅僅是個被教導的理念。人格被尊重、被信任,這是為自己、為別人負責任的基礎。這是國内獨生子女那種物質上的要什麽給什麽,小皇帝式的培養方式所培養不出來的。

我想Ron Clar的55條守則本意是激發學生表現出内心積極、高尚的一面,因爲他假定每個孩子裏面已經有個優秀的種子在那裏(Discovering the successful student in every child)。如果不以爲自己孩子已經是一個優秀的種子,要極力來把不良種子變成好苗子不是很難嗎?國内有人在博客上評論說中國教育出來的“大都是平庸之輩”。這個就叫作培養自我觀。自我觀對人品形成的影響力是很大的。好的父母能夠給孩子的最佳禮物,就是給他/她一個良好的自我觀,即把孩子當作優良的種子來對待和培育。

4 comments:

  1. 對照教會裏的基督教教育,這也有借鑑。人若把教育對象當作犯罪敗壞的種子,而不當作願意信靠學習新事物的兒女,轉變生命就沒有多少指望啦。

    ReplyDelete
  2. This information is very useful--not only for children, some rules adults can learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 實在不應改動原作的意思,遇上地方文化習慣不同時,可再加上引號作補充。

    ReplyDelete
  4. 這本書是搬到中國去教育中國父母的,不合國情的守則當然要改,不然就變成國外習俗觀賞啦。

    ReplyDelete